San Diego Dog Parks
- Cadman Dog Park
- 4280 Avati Drive, San Diego, CA
- Note: This is an unfenced dog park with specific boundaries for unleash play. Boundaries: Cadman School Fence (north), southern park fence (south), western fence and top edge of canyon to signs (west) and line and signs between southwest-corner of the Tennis court to the western-most Eucalyptus Tree to the southern fence of park (east).
- Capehart Dog Park
- Felspar and Soledad Mountain Road, San Diego, CA
- Note: This fenced in dog park has a separate small dog area, water spigots, and benches
- Dog Beach (at Ocean Beach)
- Voltaire Street, San Diego, CA
- Note: This is an off leash dog area that allows ocean access for your dog to play. Be sure to keep within the allowed Dog Beach area while off leash since there are no fences
- Doyle Community Dog Park
- 8175 Regents Road, San Diego, CA
- Note: This fenced dog park has a separate small dog area.
- Dusty Rhodes Dog Park
- Sunset Cliffs Blvd between Nimitz and West Point Loma, San Diego, CA
- Note: This 1 acre fenced dog park was updated to include "an entrance by each parking lot, a 3-spigot water fountain, solid picnic bench and individual seating for folks to rest and socialize, mature shadey trees (6-8 of them), bags for scooping (3+ dispensers), and random tennis balls left behind to share with dog friends.
- Grape Street Dog Park (in South Park)
- 2800 Grape Street and 28th St, San Diego, CA
- Note: 5 acre dog park. Not fenced.
- Kearny Mesa Community Dog Park
- 3170 Armstrong St, San Diego, CA
- Note: This dog park is lighted, has a water spigot for dogs, and a drinking fountain for people. Parking is limited during the day since the Mesa college students use this lot.
- Maddox Neighborhood Dog Park
- 7815 Flanders St, San Diego, CA
- Note: 0.65 acre fenced dog park
- Morley Field Dog Park (Balboa Park)
- 2221 Morley Field Drive, San Diego, CA
- Note: Dog Park is not Fenced
- Nate?s Point (at Balboa Park)
- Sixth Ave, park on Balboa, San Diego, CA
- Note: This dog park has trees, drinking water, and will get lighting.
- Nobel Dog Park
- 8820 Judicial Drive, San Diego, CA
- Note: This dog park has a separate small dog area and is just east of the North University Community Branch Library.
- Rancho Bernardo Dog Park
- 18448 West Bernardo Dr, San Diego, CA
- Note: This fenced dog park has three separate enclosures for dogs to play. This dog park also has water spigots and bowls, benches, and trees.
- Torrey Highlands Dog Park
- Landsdale Drive off Del Mar Heights Rd, San Diego, CA
- Note: Fenced dog park
Pet Clinics in San Diego, CA
Bernardo Heights Veterinary Hospital
Cabrillo Veterinary Hospital
- 15721 Bernardo Heights Pkwy, San Diego, CA
- PH: (858)485-9111
Carmel Mountain Ranch Vet Hospital
- 4138 Voltaire Street, San Diego, CA
- PH: (619)225-9684
Kearny Mesa Veterinary Center
- 11925 Carmel Mountain Road Ste 802, San Diego, CA
- PH: (858)592-9779
Lifetime Animal Care Center
- 7677 Ronson Road Suite 100 , San Diego, CA
- PH: (858)279-3000
Pacific Petcare Veterinary Hospital of Carmel Valley
- 4941-G Clairemont Drive, San Diego, CA
- PH: (858)274-1760
Turquoise Animal Hospital
- 12720 Carmel Country Road Suite 100, San Diego, CA
- PH: (858)481-1101
VCA Angel Animal Hospital
- 950 Turquoise Street, San Diego, CA
- PH: (858)488-0658
VCA Emergency Animal Hospital & Referral Center
- 3537 30th Street, San Diego, CA
- PH: (619)291-0042
VCA Main Street Animal Hospital
- 2317 Hotel Circle South, San Diego, CA
- PH: (619)299-2400
VCA West Bernardo Animal Hospital
- 2773 Main St, San Diego, CA
- PH: (619)232-7401
Veterinary Specialty Hospital
- 11605 Duenda Road Suite # D, San Diego, CA
- PH: (858)485-7570
- 10435 Sorrento Valley Rd, San Diego, CA
- PH: (858)875-7500
San Diego Pet Shelters
San Diego Humane Society and SPCA
Serving San Diego County since 1880, the San Diego Humane Society and SPCA provides vital services to animals and people alike.
5500 Gaines St., San Diego, CA
(619) 299-7012 (Phone)
Pet Friendly Hotels San Diego, CA
Looking to travel to San Diego but can't bear to leave your pet behind? Fortunately, San Diego offers hotels that are more than comfortable for travelers and their pets. It's incredibly easy to find the perfect hotel if the proper planning is done.
By performing a simple internet search, one can find out which hotels in San Diego accept pets. A simple icon, such as a paw print, is an indicator of a pet friendly hotel. To find out the specific requirements of each hotel, a link is usually provided to access the policies regarding pets. Travelers can also call specific hotels and ask what arrangements must be made. Be sure to ask about limitations, including size and type of pet, amount of deposit required, and whether or not the deposit is refundable! Another way to decide which hotel would be a good fit is to read reviews from previous customers. This can give an idea of how pet friendly the hotel really is.
As with every trip, a budget must be decided. A person traveling with a pet is not limited when choosing which hotel to stay in. For the person on a low budget, several hotels are available with low rates, including the pet deposit. For those seeking luxury and amenities such as a fitness center and large suites, there are hotels that have these things available and welcome pets.
So where should a traveler begin? Decide what needs must be met. Be sure the hotel is a certified pet friendly hotel before booking the room. Read the pet policy thoroughly and be sure you will not be in violation of the terms. Plan ahead to make the trip to San Diego as comfortable and convenient as possible. Lastly, enjoy the stay with your pet!
San Diego Pet Friendly Hotels
Additional $25 fee for pets that weight more than 15 pounds.
Pets Allowed. Max Size Large - 75 lbs. Non-refundable 50.00 pet fee required.
$25 non-refundable nightly fee. Up to 2 pets per room & per deposit. Max 60 lbs. Dogs and Cats only. Meals not provided. Pets cannot be l...
Dogs up to 40 lbs. are allowed. There is a maximum of one dog per room. Dogs must be accompanied by owners at all times. Guests mustsign pet...
- The US Grant
- 326 Broadway, San Diego, CA
Based on 90 reviews
THE US GRANT is delighted to welcome dogs (40 pounds/18 kilograms or less) to our hotel.
We welcome dogs at our hotel with an amenity bag, plus a Heavenly Dog Bed and a polished food and water bowl for your guest room upon reque...
The hotel allows dogs and cats. A nonrefundable $35 deep-cleaning fee applies for each stay with a pet. Guests are also responsible for up t...
Pets allowed. Max Size Large 75lbs. Non- refundable 75.00 USD pet fee required.
1-6 nights, a $100 non-refundable pet fee will apply. 7-30 nights, a $200 non-refundable pet fee will apply. Only dogs weighing 50 lbs and ...
View all Pet Friendly Hotels in San Diego
Westin has gone to the dogs. Literally! We welcome your canine companion (up to 50 lbs.) with his or her very own Westin Heavenly dog bed an...